Friday, January 25, 2013

Beijing

When you go to China, you learn to become a last minute person, change plans at the drop of a dime. True to it's nature, China threw a curve ball at the last minute. Instead of Xi'an and the Starfish Foster Home, I'm off to Beijing and China Little Flower. A woman somehow related to the home offered to let Kendra and me board at her home while there which is beyond amazing of her. There is hope in humanity! ;)

I am completely determined to approach this new experience with an open mind and make Beijing my home. I want to make friends with the locals, and as always, live like the Chinese as much as possible. The best way to keep culture shock and homesickness at bay is to immerse yourself in the culture. It's amazing to embrace (as much as possible) another culture and really experience it. It opens you up to a whole new world you didn't ever know existed. It's the most beautiful experience, and I wish I had the words to truly help you see it the way I do. Better yet, go try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment