Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Cute Things My Students Say

"Hi, my name is *something Chinese* and I want to go to Beijing. It's nice to meet you, you are very beautiful!"

Me: "Who can use 'sorry' in a sentence?"
Clever Boy: "Sorry, I don't understand."

"My father wants me to study abroad someday so he says I need to play with you a lot on the weekends. When do you have free time?"

Student: "Do you like Justin Beiber?"
Me: "Yes, I do." Er... sort of. Haha!
Student: *squeal* "Look, Justin Beiber!" pointing to her purple shoes that look like ones JB wears.

"Hi my name is *something Chinese.* You are very tall."

Me: "Does anyone have any questions for me?"
Student: "How much do you weigh?"

I always let the kids in each class guess how old I am. The youngest I got was 18 with the oldest guess coming in at 35! Two students have guessed right.

While explaining a vocabulary word in class, I took off my scarf to use as a prop, when I doubled it back up to put it on, nearly the whole class gasped.

The best thing can't be captured in a blog post, but because Chinese is a tonal language, they mimic my tones when I have them repeat a word. It can get pretty out of hand on my part sometimes. ;)

My students are the best and I can't wait for them to do and say many more crazy and hilarious things!

No comments:

Post a Comment