Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Inevitable End

It's here.

Today, I cried as I pulled down the pictures and posters on my wall. It's funny how 3 months ago I arrived at this place and an empty apartment looked like endless possibilities, but now it just looks like the end of something wonderful, the end of an era.

Every time I leave China, my heart breaks. I don't think I'll be coming back and I don't think it'll be very soon, but then something happens, as if China is a magnet and I am the polar opposite. I find myself back much sooner than anticipated. Sadly, this time feels different. My heart is heavier and I feel like it's going to be a while. I try to trust my feelings and perceptions in general. When I left Nanjing, I felt deeply that I wouldn't be coming back for a while. A longer while than just 4 months. Longer than a year. China, please wait for me. I'll be back someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment